Life is full of ups and downs, and when you’re going through a tough time, it’s easy to lose sight of the good that exists in this world. It’s at times like these that it’s important to remind yourself of the wonderful and kind things which people do on a daily basis.
We are all capable of good deeds too, so bear that in mind the next time you see someone feeling down. Whether it’s simply listening to them and talking them through their problems, or carrying out a random act of kindness because it will put a smile their face.
Stuck for ideas? Then watch this video which will restore your faith in humanity:
As you’re about to learn, the kindest acts in this world are often the most simple. I’ll never forget the day I left my first job to concentrate entirely on college and was overwhelmed when the staff gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to thank me. Needless to say, I cried.
So, without further ado, here are 16 photographs that will show you that there’s a lot of wood in this world…
1. After seven months in Iraq, this mother and daughter were finally reunited
Nothing compares to a mother’s love.
2. A missionary holding a Ugandan boy’s hand
The disparity in this world is sickening at times.
3. “Omg, my brother went on his first date tonight.”
Everyone deserves to be loved.
4. The train company who changed their schedule so a little girl could get to school
Residing in the 50-person village of Poyakonda, a little girl suddenly found herself unable to get to school in St Petersburg because the appropriate train was canceled. Her mother then wrote to the train company asking them to change the schedule so she could get to school. They did.
5. This pampered pooch
Well, they don’t call dogs man’s best friend for nothing.
6. An adorable boy on Valentine’s Day
She’s one lucky girl.
7. The hero who saved a dog that went under ice
Because sometimes a man is a dog’s best friend.
8. When this company made a custom shirt for an employee with Cerebral Palsy
Look after your workers and they will look after your business.
9. This dog in a hat
Who could resist that face? I bet he’s a popular doggo at the park.
10. “My face after leaving my doctor’s office and being told my cancer was beat into remission!!!”
A day to remember for all the right reasons.
11. These best friends
I don’t know what we did to deserve dogs, but I’m glad we did it.
12. An old man on the subway on Valentine’s Day
Love really can last a lifetime.
13. An old man feeding his wife ice cream
I don’t know about you, but this has smacked me right in the feels.
14. A cat in a sweater
Because kitty fur isn’t always enough in the snow.
15. Christmas 1987
There are people who’d still be that happy with a Nintendo entertainment system today! Retro games FTW.
16. This street vendor in Vietnam
I have so many questions. I’d also like three of your finest fish, Mr. Whiskers.
While it would be great to live in a world without rain, without it, we’d never appreciate the sunshine. The headlines might be dominated with stories about conflict and scandal, but when you pause to notice the good in the every day, you realize that the world isn’t that bad after all.