Taking endless photos with our smartphones has become part and parcel of our daily lives. So much so that we are capable of unintentionally capturing all kinds of bizarre and unthinkable moments.
Here’s a little taster of how hysterical these perfectly timed photos really are:
If we are lucky enough (or unlucky enough, depending on how you look at it), we can capture the impressive moment of being a split-second away from “disaster”.
From being whacked in the face with a great big basketball to falling face first off a massive horse, the opportunities of capturing a catastrophic moment pre-impact are endless.
1. Not the most peaceful type of meditation I can think of
She definitely wasn’t smiling once she became drenched by the wave.
2. That’s got to hurt!
His gormless look makes the photo even better.
3. Being headbutted by a goat? No thanks
Goat horns are deceptive sharp.
4. Get off your high horse!
I don’t know who I feel sorrier for…
5. Luckily, he lived to tell the tale
Damn those teeth look razor sharp!
6. How the hell did that happen?
She came out of it with only a few broken bones.
7. Taking perfectly timed photos are a piece of cake
Well, not every time, apparently. What a waste…
8. Never disturb a woman while she’s getting her tan on
She might just kill you.
9. Let’s take a nice little picture by the pool
Note to self: when taking a poolside photo, make sure the background doesn’t contain a woman seconds from drowning.
10. We all know who bore the brunt of that mighty spill
And boy, was she mad.
11. Yeah, and that was what was leftover from their ice bucket challenge
That’s what he gets for trying to defend his country.
12. It’s not so cool getting on top of someone’s shoulders for a photo now, is it?
Damn, that’s quite a bit of water.
13. It’s like being b*tch-slapped by a snowball… literally
No one needs that during a blizzard, now do they?
14. I think that’s how we’d all react in the event of a ball whacking us in the face
The terror in her eyes is simply incomparable.
15. No, not the beer
Waste chocolate, pizza, cookies, but never the beer!
16. That’s what you get for trying to stand out from the crowd
It wiped the smile straight off his face.
17. It’s enough to make you gag
He was kicked off the team the next day…
18. She is completely unfazed by that whack
They don’t call it “Action Ball” for no reason.
19. Swinging is usually a pretty relaxing activity
But not for this girl.
20. I don’t mean to make light of this but how the hell did that happen?
It’s the last thing you’d want when taking a photo.
So there you have it: 20 mindblowing examples of how vulnerable we are to being victims of utter catastrophe. We hope each and every one of these unlucky souls are recovering well after what they’ve been through. But at least they have an epic photo to console themselves with.