1. Salladhor SaanNow this is a character that you’re unlikely to remember. But pirate Salladhor has a fleet of thirty ships at his command, as we know from when Davos recruits him to help Stannis in the Battle of the Blackwater in season two. We last saw him in season five when Davos paid him for his services to Stannis. But Daenerys needs all the allies she can get in the Great War, especially now she’s lost a dragon, so Davos could reach out to Salladhor again.
2. Illyrio MopatisNow Illyrio really is a blast from the past. All the way back in season one, he feeds Varys information about Daenerys and Viserys after he set up her marriage to Khal Drogo. He’s also extremely wealthy. Whilst he doesn’t appear in season five, he allowed Varys and Tryion to stay in his home after they flee King’s Landing. He could be useful in the show’s final season because of his wealth if Varys convinces him to join Daenerys’ side.
3. MelisandreI wouldn’t necessarily say the Red Woman was forgotten, but some fans might not have noticed that she only appeared once season seven, despite having such a crucial role in the resurrection of Jon Snow in season six. When we last saw Melisandre, she left Dragonstone for Volantis, but poignantly said to Varys that she would come back to Westeros to die, just like him. So it’s a pretty safe bet that she is going to make an appearance in season eight.
4. Edmure TullyWe first met Edmure in season three when he was working alongside Robb Stark – not that he did much good. He ended up making a mistake which prevented Robb from killing Gregor Clegane. He was then forced to marry one of Walder Frey’s daughters after Robb secretly eloped with Talisa Maegyr which results in the Red Wedding.
5. KinvaraOkay, so we know that Melisandre’s death is fairly imminent, but we also know that her powers are incredibly useful. Without her, the good guys are going to need a Red Priestess and that’s when Kinvara could step in. We met Kinvara in season six when Tyrion and Varys recruited her to help convince the people of Meereen that Daenerys was going to look after them. So she could potentially make an appearance as a replacement for Melisandre.
6. Robin ArrynI’ll admit this character is one that I completely forgot about, and I have no idea how I was able to. After all, he was still being breastfed by his mom despite being way too old for it. Now that Littlefinger’s dead, he’s Lord of the Vale. Given that Littlefinger murdered his doting mom to take the position for himself, it would be nice to see Robin get a break and become an ally. Hopefully the time he’s spent without his mom has taught him a few valuable life lessons.
7. Jaqen H’gharArya made it pretty clear to everyone in season seven that she was now a faceless man and not somebody to be messed with. But what about Jaqen? We never saw him at all this season, despite him playing such a big role in helping Arya become the deadly force she is today. Maybe he’ll make a reappearance to fight alongside her in season eight.
8. Daario NaharisBefore we saw Jon Snow’s fabulous derrière, Daenerys most recent love interest was Daario, however, she brutally put him in the friend zone, not wanting to get distracted in her quest to sit on the Iron Throne and told him to stay in Meereen. But as we all know, Daario is a fearsome warrior, and he has Daenerys’ best interests at heart. He could be extremely useful in the Great War, even if he does get his heart crushed again when he realizes Daenerys has a new man. Whilst a lot of fan theories are emerging at the moment about what’s going to happen in season eight, it’s safe to say that at least one or two of these characters are guaranteed to make an appearance in the final season of Game of Thrones.